Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Slide Rock State Park


Today we went to this awesome park. It has natural water slides down some very slippery rocks. The kids had a great time playing in the water and going down the slides. I went down as soon as we got there. People said it was cold but I wasn’t expecting super cold. As soon as I got in it took my breath away and as I was sliding down all I could think of was how cold it was.


This is not a place to visit if you want to be graceful. The first time I tried to get out I fell straight down on my arm. The next time I crawled. Tim’s got some dignified pictures of me crawling through the water. Tim, Zach and David jumped off a cliff into that freezing water.


To end our wonderful day we arrived back at our RV only to find some nice Arizona resident parked about 2 feet from our front bumper. Ranger Ron said all you can do is wait it out, sorry”, knowing Tim though he was going to find a way out. So against all the warnings not to back up with the dolly on the back, he did and we got out. Tomorrow we are off to the Grand Canyon.


1 comment:

  1. My favorite stop so far. Beautiful canyon with cool refreshing water.

    ReplyDelete